Talk to us

Every patient has the right to make a complaint about the treatment and care they receive from Sandy Health Centre. We understand that we may not always get everything right and, by telling us about the problem you have encountered, we will be able to improve our services and patient experience.

Who to talk to

Most complaints can be resolved at a local level. Please speak to a member of staff if you have a complaint. Our staff are trained to handle complaints. Alternatively, ask to speak to the complaints manager, Tracey Latham. If for any reason you do not want to speak to a member of staff, then you can request that NHS England investigates on your behalf. They will contact us on your behalf.

NHS England
PO Box 16738
B97 9PT

Telephone: 0300 311 22 33

Note: If you make a complaint, it is practice policy to ensure you are not discriminated against, or subjected to any negative effect on your care, treatment, or support.

Sandy Health Centre will investigate all complaints effectively and in conjunction with extant legislation and guidance.

Sandy Health Centre will ensure that all complaints are investigated with the utmost confidentiality and that any documents are held separately from the patients’ health record.

Sandy Health Centre allows a third party to make a complaint on behalf of a patient. The patient must provide consent for them to do so. A third-party patient complaint form is available from reception.

Timeline for complaints

The time constraint on bringing a complaint is 12 months from the occurrence giving rise to the complaint, or 12 months from the time you became aware of the matter about which you wish to complain. The complaint manager will respond to all complaints within 3 working days. We will aim to investigate and provide you with the findings as soon as we can and will provide regular updates regarding the investigation of your complaint.

Final Response

Sandy Health Centre will issue a final formal response to all complaints which will provide full details and the outcome of the complaint. Further information is detailed in our organisation policy.

Advocacy Support

  • Advocacy People gives advocacy support on 0300 440 9000
  • Age UK on 0800 055 6112
  • Local Council can give advice on local advocacy services

Contacting the Care Quality Commision

If you have a genuine concern about a staff member or regulated activity carried on by this practice then you can contact the care quality commission on 03000 616161, or alternatively visit their website.

PALS, HCAS & Ombudsman

Patient Advisory Liaison Service (PALS)

PALS provide a confidential service designed to help patients get the most from the NHS. PALS can tell you more about the NHS complaints procedure and may be able to help you resolve your complaint informally. Your PALS contact is

NHS England
PO Box 16738
B97 9PT

Tel: 0300 311 22 33

Health Complaints & Advocacy Service (HCAS)

If you need help with making your complaint the HCAS can provide free, impartial, and independent information, advocacy, and support to members of the public, wishing to make a formal complaint about the National Health Service. The HCAS provider for Bedfordshire & Hertfordshire is PohWER ICAS you can contact them at

PO Box 14043
B6 9BL

Tel: 01582 447 109 or 0300 456 2370


If you are not happy with the response from this practice, you can refer your complaint to the Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman who investigates complaints about the NHS in England.

The Ombudsman is completely independent of the NHS and Government. You can contact the Ombudsman at:

11th Floor
Millbank Tower

Tel: 0345 015 4033 (local rate)